Angel Star

Angel Star - Jennifer Murgia Angels have become a hot new interest in the literary world and my thoughts are the more the merrier! In Murgia’s novel Angel Star we follow Teagan McNeel on her journey to find love, identity and purpose. While living her life Teagan find her self drawn to the mysterious Garreth Adams. Through these feelings she has for him, she finds that Garreth isn’t just any boy and their relationship becomes far more complicated than she ever planned. Teagan then finds herself in the middle of an epic battle of the angels between the ultimate good and the ultimate evil, with her having the power to alter the entire human race. Talk about pressure!! The plot of this story caught my attention instantly and I was anxious to see how Teagan would manage being thrown into this crazy conflict while building the courage to do what needed to be done. I could relate to Teagan’s character, though on some situations her actions had me frustrated at times. I enjoyed Garreth character as well bringing spice and mystery to the story. The relationship between Teagan and Garreth was a nice addition to the story but instead of nice and sweet I could have gone for a bit hotter and intense moments. The semi love triangle between Garreth, Teagan and their ultimate enemy Hadrian had me very interested and pleasantly confused. The feelings she starts to have for both of them was so sudden it gave me whip lash flipping through the pages! This is a good story with huge potential to turn into a great series. I feel that readers should give this book a try.