Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1)

Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1) - Once I cracked open this book and started reading Courtney had me hooked. Angelfire is such a uniquely interesting story filled with so much drama, action and romantic tension that it left me equally stuffed and wanting more. Ellie was a great down to earth character that I could easily relate to. And she was such a kick ass character as well. Speaking of which, this was such a kick ass story period. Filled with discovery, action, romance, mystery and even more action all rolled into this amazing story that had me anticipating what would happen next. Being reincarnated blows the mind. But being a century old reincarnated warrior destined to fight these huge crazed demon monsters set on destroying you, sets things to a whole new level of mind blowing. I really enjoyed how Ellie handled discovering who she really was and what she had to do to stay alive and protect the human race. Loved her guardian Will and the mystery and romance that came with him. Though he clearly had built up feelings for Ellie, he didn’t handle her with kids gloves. He treated her like the warrior she was meant to be. Aside from shying away from his feelings. From the beginning the story hit the ground running, taking me on an amazing ride. There wasn’t a long dry spell with Ellie trying to deny who she was, moments of confusion yes, but not flat out denial. How could she with crazed demons attacking her left and right. The potential romance between Will and Ellie really brought an intensity that added to the development of the story while balancing out all the intensity of fighting monsters. Ellie and Will clearly have some unfinished business and I can’t wait to read how they intend to solve it. Angelfire is an intense novel filled with a rich storyline and characters that will draw you in and won’t let you go. Courtney’s writing flowed like water and kept me entertained from beginning to end. I can’t wait to see what’s in store.